Sol Unleashed Lite Stellaris
Sol Unleashed Lite Stellaris
(Compatible with Stellaris v 1.6)
Let’s conquer a real small galaxy!
This Lite version is intended for those who want to play in smaller galaxies than are possible with Sol Unleashed.
– An enhanced Sol system, with additional moons and revised planetary distances and planet/moon sizes.
– 100 real stars from the Milky Way galaxy spawned around the Sol system.
– Uses the vanilla galaxy size option of 150, 400, 600, 800 and 1000 star systems.
– Option to start at random star system at a random distance from Sol.
– Option to start at Deneb system at a random distance from Sol.
– Detailed design of 17 systems near to Sol, including binary and trinary systems (thanks to Lex Peregrine for the ideas and designs for many of these systems).
The mod comes with three options (which are selected via the ‘starting solar system’ option during empire setup). Note that these options come after the vanilla ‘Sol’ and ‘Deneb’ options.
Sol (Sol Unleashed)
This option creates a detailed version of the Sol system. In addition, 100 real star systems will be spawned around the Sol system. The star systems:
– have the correct name
– have the correct star class within the constraints of the vanilla game
– are arranged in increasing distance from Sol starting with Alpha Centauri and ending with Hind’s Star, which is about 1300 light years from Sol
– are sized in relation to the size of Sol, with Van Maanen’s Star being one of the smallest and Betelgeuse being one of the largest.
The direction of the generated stars varies each game, as does the number of planets, so there is plenty of replayability. Note that the game does add some of its own systems among the 100 systems added by this mod, which provides additional variability in each game.
Milky Way (Sol Unleashed)
This option is for those would like to play in a Milky Way galaxy, but don’t want to start at Sol. This will spawn you in a random system at a random distance from Sol. The other stars will then spawn as usual around the Sol system, so you’ll still see Barnard’s Star and Alpha Centauri close to Sol. You can play as an alien race or as humans, but if playing as humans it is recommended to make sure you change your home system name, otherwise you will end up with two Sols – it’s best to create your own custom human race for this purpose.
Deneb (Sol Unleashed)
This option is the same as the vanilla Deneb system, which is intended for those playing as the Commonwealth of Man (it can, of course, be played as other empires).
If anyone finds any bugs, or has any suggestions for changes/improvements, please let me know.
It is possible the game might occasional crash on start up when playing with galaxies having 150 star systems. I had to keep reducing the number of real star systems in the mod until I found a level that worked reliably. I haven’t personally had the mod cause a crash since I reduced the number of real stars to 100, but it is possible it might do occasionally. If a crash is caused by this mod, I would expect it to happen immediately after clicking ‘Play’. The only way I could rule out the possibility of any crashes would be to further reduce the number of stars in the game. I may have to do this, if many people report that the mod is causing problems.
It goes without saying that this mod is incompatible with its sister mod, Sol Unleashed, so you must pick one or the other.
This Lite version should be compatible with mods that change the galaxy size start up options, so it should be compatible with mods that change these, such as Galaxies Unlimited. Note, however, that the mod will likely cause the game to crash if you try to play with a galaxy size fewer than 150 systems.
The mod specifically changes the following file and may be incompatible with other mods that also change these files:
There is a small change to station orbit distance in a ‘defines’ file which might cause incompatibility with mods that change the system scale. If you find incompatibilities that you would like me to try to fix, let me know and I will take a look.
You may use this mod in other mods provided you credit me. I would also be grateful if you would tell me that you’re using my mod, in the comments below.
Lex Peregrine for the design of the systems: Barnard’s Star, Sirius, Epsilon Eridani, Procyon and especially Alpha Centauri and Epsilon Indi.
Carter Roberts for the Milky Way pic.