Stellaris – Awakening is an ambitious content and balance mod. The purpose of the mod is to expand on or tweak existing features, or add new features (including new events, traits, edicts, crisis, etc).
Current version: v0.0.2 (Alpha 2)
* ALL traits were scaled up and all positive traits were recoloured from green-blue to green to support tiering system
* 19 completely new traits with custom icons
* 36 unique new Ruler traits, complete with custom icons
* 11 traits were expanded into being 44 traits with a new tiered trait system that scales exponentially. This allows empires to specialise a lot more with more radical buffs and debuffs
* Increased total number of allowed traits from 4 to 8, and increased trait points from 2 to 20 to support the tiering system
* Enhance core gameplay by adding greater diversity in traits, ethos, and general game depth.
* Add more event chains, especially for mid and late game
* Development government-based politics
* Development of sector politics (interplay between empire and sector control)
* More flavor for characters; rulers in particular
* More end game crises
* Racial dispositions; mammalians generally pro-mammalian, anti-arthropod, for example
* Planetary yield diversity (more diversity; tailored to type)
* Expanded economy
* Spaceports defense specializations to make them more effective defensive tools; balanced by upkeep
* Expanded and reworked technologies
* Custom empires and races (both Fallen and otherwise)
* New race portraits for all categories
* More diverse backgrounds
* More flag emblems and patterns
Merku: Creative leader, writer, PR
Chalk: Coding, Art
Information about specific features:
The tiered trait system: The tiering system was added to add more depth and specialisation to empires by exponentially increasing the bonuses/drawbacks and cost from level 1 to level 2, level 2 to level 3, and level 3 to level 4. E.g. Intelligent level 1 costs 2 points and grants 10% bonus to all research, while level 2 costs 4 and grants a 20% bonus, and so forth.
The tiers follow generic MMO rarity colours – green is common, blue is rare, purple is epic, and yellow/gold is legendary.